The New Shortcuts in Window 10 with Windows Keys
Window key is the key with window logo on your keyboard. It’s between the Alt key and Ctrl key. By pressing this key, you will have it open or close the Start menu. Combination between this key with other will give you keyboard shortcuts for another task done.
- Windows key + A : open the Action Center menu. If you want quick access to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, this shortcut is worth to try.
- Windows key + C : open Cortana’s listening mode to ease your way in your browsing by using your voice.
- Windows key + I : will open Settings app (Control Panel in your previous Windows). So, if you want to modify your computer setting, press this shortcut.
- Windows key + S : a quick way to find an app or file installed or stored on your computer or the Web.
Frequently Used Shortcuts for Windows
- Alt + F4 : close a running program or app
- Alt + Tab : enable you to switch to the next open app.
- Ctrl + C : copy selected text, files, or any other objects, to the clipboard.
- Ctrl + V : perform Paste function by putting Clipboard’s content into your current window.
- Ctrl + X : this one of keyboard shortcuts will perform the Cut command. When you cut a file or a part of data, and the cut item is pasted elsewhere, it will automatically be removed from the original location.
- Ctrl + Z : undo your previous steps.
- F10 : perform shortcut functionality in the File Explorer.
- F2 : select a file, and then press the F2 again to rename the file.
- F3 : enable you to quickly search for a file in your computer’s File Explorer.
- F4 : revealing the Address Bar in computer’s File Explorer.
- F5 : refresh or reload the content of computer’s File Explorer window that’s being used. If you are in the middle of browsing, you will reload the webpage.
- F6 : to cycle through the interface various elements of the currently used window.
- Shift + Delete : enable you quickly deleting a file permanently.
- Windows Key + D : press this shortcut and you will minimize all the active programs on your computer’s screen.
- Windows Key + L : this shortcut will lock your computer display.
Those are several useful keyboard shortcuts for Windows 10 you might want to know to increase your productivity.